Swaging is a metal forming method that is used to reduce rod of tube. Unlike other methods, swaging uses a rapid succession of hammer strikes to form the metal. This chip less metal forming method, is an efficient way to produce products with minimal material waste. It is a highly economic method to point tube and rod. It can also size, reduce, shape, taper, bond, or form metal parts.
Types of Swaging Machine
- Heavy Duty Swaging
- Precision Swaging
- Dual rotary swaging machine
Heavy Duty Swaging
- To Swage up to 4 mm thick tubes
- Dia 25 mm to 90 mm
- OD range 16 mm to 45 mm
- Thickness range 1 mm to 4.5 mm
- Length min 250 mm, max 600 mm
- ID controlled swaging
- ID spline forming
Dual Rotary Swaging Machine
* Enhanced Precision Swaging with reduced torsional twist on component
- Min. dia. – 5 mm. Max, dia. 45mm.
- Max. thickness-1.5 mm
- Max. swaged length 50 mm
- Max material yield – 800 mpa
- High finish
- Speeds Assembly
- Saves on Labor with auto feeding system
- Low-Cost & Flexible Tooling
- Control of Wall Thickness
- TIMB has produced 10 straightening machines till inception each machine is uniquely done with continuous improvement to meet the customer need.
- The roll profiles are uniquely designed to meet the stringent straightening tolerance of 0.2mm in 1000mm length
- The main structure which is carrying the straightening loads are designed for minimum deflection and design validation carried out using finite element analysis.
- The machines are built with automatic configuration for setting the linear and angular position.
- The larger machines are built with hydraulic clamping systems to maintain the roll position precisely throughout the straightening process
- The inlet and exit handling systems are designed to minimize the noise and surface defects on the product.
Squeeze roll with servo system
- Servo controlled system with setup recall provision, thereby ensuring repeatablity & reliability by eliminating operator intervention
- Extended Bea ring life
- Reduced weld related defects and ensures consistency in forge line due to precise position control
- SG Iron Casting stands for better shock absorption and stability
- Stand Clamping system with quick change over
- Tube Mill for all form of specialized tubing.
- Rigid Mill construction to produce tubes of carbon steel & high strength steel with diameter/thickness ratio upto 7.
- We also supply individual elements to upgrade the existing tube mill.
- Entry line—Accumulator—Forming Stands—Squeeze rolls—Flying Cutoff—Online Chamfering.
- Double Decoiler
- Automatic strip end joiner
- Forming stands
- Finpass stands
- High frequency induction welder
- Squeeze roll
- OD bead remover
- Cooling chamber
- Sizing section
- Turk heads
- Flying cut off
- Runout table
Based on an intelligent modular design the individual machines can be combined to production lines for mass production – also fully automated and customized.
In-house production is carried out with a high production depth and according to the latest manufacturing methods with strictest quality standards. Here, engineers, designers, the production team and automation experts work seamlessly together – coordinated internally and externally by a project manager. This makes teamwork easier and prevents communication deficits.
- High productivity and availability
- Reliable reproducibility
- Short set-up times
- Simple operation
- Increased process stability
- Continuous production
- Automated processes
- Individual visualization